Monday, January 11, 2010

Embryo Transfer

Today was a very special day for me and Ryan. We got to go once again to SLC this morning. We were way early for our appointment but they took us right back. I dressed in my sheet of shame and the $10K slippers and we waited. Then it came. The picture of my babies. It took everything I had not to cry when I saw the picture. (sorry, picture of a picture) Science is spectacular. They doctor came in, Dr. P-J. Loved her by the way. She was absolutely amazing. I got into every woman's favorite position in the stirrups and then the doctor inserted a catheter through my cervix. It took a couple of tries since my uterus is shaped and tipped funny, but all went well. They put up a live video feed of the embryolgist sucking up the 2 best embryos so we could see it and then he brought them to us. In they went and TAH DAH! It was all over. Just like that. The doctor made me all cozy with like 10 blankets and then let me rest for a while. Ryan said a most beautiful prayer and I cried. It was a heavenly day. Now for bedrest. Today has been nice. Dr. P-J gave me Valium so I have been relaxed and sleepy all day. Ryan has been aboslutely amazing. I have to admit that I have the most amazing husband in the world! He went and got me J. Dawgs for lunch. Oh, it was delicious. (best hot dog joint in Provo!)


Ryan and I feel so blessed with the overwhelming love and support we have received through all of this. We are so grateful for all of you! Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.


Now comes the hard part. Waiting for the pregnancy test. Wait. Wait. Wait.


By the way, out of the 6 embryos we had, 2 were in excellent condition. Those were what they transferred today. We had 1 quit growing and 3 are still growing but not the best quality. They will update us tomorrow as to if they are worth saving or not.



Needle count: 45
Acupuncture: 69

10 comments:

Katie Smith - I Want to be a Super Teacher said...

Yeah! We're so excited for you both and are anxiously awaiting updates.

The Ingleby Family said...

Yeah!!!!! We are waiting! Along with you! Many prayers are being said in your behalf! We love you guys no matter what happens! Keep us updated!

Harmony said...

OH MY GOODNESS! Your babies are beautiful! You know I am rooting and praying hard for you! And I will see you tomorrow! And guess what? I have a weirdly upside-down uterus too. I guess we're just two peas in a pod :) Thanks for posting!

Unknown said...

Ash I am so excited for you guys. I have been waiting all day for an update! What a special day! I will keep praying for your baby/ies to grow! How long until you can take a test? You guys deserve a sweet baby so much. :)

Diana said...

Finally! I checked your blog like a thousand times! Fingers crossed, prayers and vibes your direction! :)

Ashley said...

So excited and happy for you two. Molly said Ryan got a job as well--congrats! I hope this continues to be a special blessing of an experience for you guys, can't wait to hear your results if everything continues so awesomely!

Seth Ollerton said...

Science is amazing and we are excited for you. You are a champ, Ash.

The Painters said...

So good to hear everything went well! I can't wait to hear the outcome! You, Ryan and your little sticky beans are in my thoughts & prayers!

Stutz Family said...

Tick, tock, tick, tock, I hate waiting, I'm happy to hear that the transfer went without a hitch! Goin' to the temple tonight, you'll definitely be on my mind! Love you little cuz!!

MaddyChick said...

Ash- your blog has been very inspiring to me! I'm so glad that things have gone well and your now just playing the waiting game. I've started down the road with fertility issues and your updates give me hope! I have my fingers crossed for you! So Exciting!