Saturday, January 23, 2010

A day of anticipation

Well, it has finally come. Today was our big day. I couldn't sleep all night last night. The alarm went off bright and early and off we went. The trip to SLC was horrendous this morning. The roads were pure ice. It was a very tense morning on top of already being a tense morning. After they drew my blood we went to my brother's house to help him move. I was glad I had something to keep my mind off of just waiting for the phone call with the test results. I kept thinking I just wanted to get home because if it came back negative I would be a mess. We waited and waited all morning. Finally as I was bringing some power strips into Josh's house I could hear Ryan say, "you're kidding." I didn't know who he was talking to but I could hear the excitement in his voice. He turned around and saw me and said, "we're pregnant!" I fell to the floor and started crying. I couldn't believe it! I got up and put my arms around my love and held him. Then I talked briefly with the sweet nurse who was very excited for us as well. My dad walked in and all I could say to him was, "it's positive!" He gave me a huge hug. It was all just a very exciting and unreal moment. We are still in complete shock. The only bad thing is I still have to do these evil shots for 6 more weeks, but I'm sure it's all going to be well worth it.

Thank you all for your prayers and support. It has made this process much easier to deal with. I'm sorry if we couldn't call all of you today to tell you the news in person.

18 comments:

Diana said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

I am so excited for you I can NOT express the words using the English language. I'm so glad I got to be a part of this journey with you (a small part beit) because it has helped me be a bit more thankful for Alexandra when she is on my last nerve and this pregnancy crapiness is easier to take in stride. Congrats again!!!!


YEAH!!!!

Diana said...

PS. I'll keep praying for a happy/safe pregnancy and baby but in the mean time if you are going to be participating in a family friends type of baby shower in the future, I'd better be invited. I'll come bearing gifts. Promise. ;)

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! I am about to cry! Congratulations! I am so so happy for you guys! I can't wait for your journey through pregnancy! Looks like Park City is going to be early this year! Yay! Love you guys!

Molly said...

Congratulations!!!! I am so excited for you guys! I got teary eyed reading this. I'm way excited for you both!

Brande J. said...

Oh my word!!! I am so excited for you guys. Congratulations!!!!!

Tami said...

YEAH!! I totally got chills! I am so happy for you guys! I hope the pregnancy goes good!! CONGRATS!!!!

Anonymous said...

I found out the news today at the construction site. It would have been totally inapropriate to cry so I screamed and yelled and hollared. Everyone thought I was crazy. I saved the tears for just now. I am so thrilled for you and Ryan. You both deserve this so much. You, Ryan and the babies are always in my prayers. By the way Chloe says you have three babies now! Squeeze your legs tight and keep those babies in for as long as you possibly can. Love ya :)
-Tina

Carrie said...

I'm so excited for both of you!!! I've been checking your blog every day waiting and hoping! Congratulations....and wishing you a healthy, safe pregnancy.

Harmony said...

Oh my FRICKIN FETCHIN bootie-whackin pancake flappin' popcorn knappin' cell phone slappin' GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YA YA Y AY AY AY AY AY AY AY AYYYA YA YAY AY YA YA YA YA YA YA (sorry, I got a little carried away and that "ya" turned into "ay") O MY GOSH THIS IS AO AMAZING, and why can't I get a bigger font?!!??!?!? I'm so extremely excitedly wonderfully and magically excited for you!!!!!! I hope you're doing the prego dance, because I am (even though I'm not pregnant of course) but I'm dancing for you! You know I'm going to give you the biggest, raddest, most amazing bear hug in the world when I see you at church tomorrow! (but I'll try not to squish the jellybean(s). Wahoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Sang said...

Yay for babies! Congrats!! I am so excited for you and Ryan! I read Chloe says you're having three babies- dude, weren't we talking about triplets the other day? That would be so crazy, but awesome! I can't wait to see you next week :)

Stutz Family said...

Ashley, I am SO HAPPY! I am bawling like a baby! We will keep you in our prayers for sure! Please let us know what we can do to help along the way!

RxTattoo said...

CONGRATS!!! We are so excited for you! I am so glad everything worked out. Best of luck with everything and keep us posted.

Garrett & Shannon

Grant and Taryn Layton said...

I am SO excited for you guys! I cannot imagine the struggle or excitement of this whole journey, but I hope the good news continues! It is great that you have blogged your feelings and experiences too, I think that will be neat to have. Good luck with everything and hope to see lots more good news posts!

Ashley said...

Ash so dang happy for you guys!!! Hopefully your next 9-10 months are wonderful with no more complications. You'll be so excited to actually be sick! :)

Tim & Nancy said...

Congratulations!!! What a wonderful phone call!

MaddyChick said...

Congrats!!! I am so super excited for you guys! This is the best news ever. I actually started crying here in my office. You totally deserve this! YAY!!!

Cher said...

Congratulations!!! This is very good news!!

Topham Family said...

YAY!!! CONGRATS!!! I am so happy for you! That has to be the best news EVER!!! Good luck and keep us updated on stuff and if you need anything please let us know! :)