Monday, January 4, 2010

Day 22: Good news

Well, I went to the doctor today and they told me, "Ashley, you are the star of the week." I also heard such things as "this looks excellent" and "everything looks great!" It was a very positive visit today. My ovaries are huge and I can sure feel it! I'm kind of uncomfortable lately. I also had to have my blood drawn to check my estrogen level to make sure it was high enough to do the retrieval. It was. The good thing about this? NO MORE 3-a-day SHOTS! YEAH! I have 1 shot tonight which is the hCG trigger shot, and then no shots tomorrow! We are scheduled for egg retrieval Wednesday morning. They'll even give me sedation so I don't have to remember it. That means I get to sleep all day! See, something to look forward to everyday this week. It looks like Monday will be the day of transfer, but it could be as early as Saturday as long as my petri dish babies grow well. We're very excited!

Needle count: 37
Acupuncture: 35

9 comments:

Molly said...

YAY!!! That is so exciting!!

Beth said...

we will be thinking about you! Grow petri babies GROW!!!!

The Ingleby Family said...

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you guys! Keep me posted. Can we bring you dinner or anything??? YIPPIE!!!!!! Yeah for huge ovaries!!!

Harmony said...

Yee haw! While you sleep, have sweet dreams of twin babies!

Tami said...

Hot dog!

Stutz Family said...

Good luck little Cuz! You're in our prayers!

Seth Ollerton said...

It was good seeing you both. Abbie and I are excited for both of you. Lotsa love!

stephanie said...

I have a very close friend who ende up doing in vitro for her first. Reading your blog reminds me of what she experienced. No fun, but hopefully well worth it. Good luck!

The Painters said...

Good Luck Ashley! It sounds like everything is going to go amazingly! I can't wait to hear good news :)