Monday, December 21, 2009

Day 9: More doctors, nurses, and needles

Today Ryan and I woke up bright and early, jumped in the car, and headed up to the grand ole SLC for a doctor's appointment. We arrived early, as we always do, and they took us right back. I couldn't believe it! I de-robed myself and covered up with the all too stylish "sheet of shame." Then the doctor came in, did an ultrasound, I saw my tiny strawberries (ovaries), he measured this and that, and then he was done. I threw down the "sheet of shame" and off I went to meet with the nurse. Oh, I did put my clothes back on of course. We sat with the nurse for a while. She explained how to use our new medications, which we start on Monday. We discussed prices and I wanted to die. No injection should ever be $80 for ONE injection and we have to buy a lot of them! Oh well, it's all in the name of love, right? She also told us, "it looks like your ovaries are pretty happy about what's going on." Apparently I had 9 follicles on one side and 15 on the other (that's really good at this point).

After this was all over, Ryan got to go do his thing just in case we need a back up when it comes time to fertilize. Poor guy. There's nothing like doing that in a doctor's office. Woweee! Again, poor guy.

After our appointment we got in a fight with the insurance company and a pharmacy. We quickly ran back into the doctor's office and told them to order our meds through a different pharmacy since our insurance was now refusing to pay for anything even after they had told us a month ago they would pay for some of it. What a pain this is, I'll tell you what. I had a minor freak out in the hallway. What's new? I think I'm always having a minor freak out about something.

Things our good now. I've had my nap so I'm not nearly as ornery or freakish-outy as I was earlier. I'm looking forward to more shots. Haha. Yeah right. Is it wrong that I told Ryan today in my most bratty voice, "you don't get to be ornery with me unless I get to stab you every night with a needle." Is that wrong?

Needle count: 8
Acupuncture: 17

1 comment:

Harmony said...

I love the way you write. "sheet of shame", so hilarious! Don't worry, the time will come when you are no longer paying to be somebody's science experiment.