Sunday, December 13, 2009

Day 1: Ready? 3, 2..... WAIT!


Well, we have officially started the shots today. I don't mind shots, ever, but for some reason I always get really nervous when Ryan gives them to me. Anyway, here's a little how it went:


Ryan: Ready?


Me: (Bearing my belly for the world to see) Yeah. Wait! Not in my tummy. Okay, just do it below the belly button. Wait! Wait! Not in my tummy. (I think I was actually kicking my legs and throwing a little tantrum)


Ryan: (With needle in hand and a most annoyed look on his face like "can't we just do this already?") Really? You're not even going to feel it.


Me: Yeah, I don't want it in my belly (screaming at this point and almost in tears).


I quickly pulled down my pants and wiped my leg with alcohol and told him it would be better in my thigh. 1, 2, 3. It's over. So much for being brave. Maybe tomorrow will be better?

3 comments:

Harmony said...

I ended up doing them in my belly. I think some women do it themselves, but I made Jared do it every time so I wouldn't have to actually WATCH it go in. It never really hurt... but, then again, I've got a lot more pillow in my belly than you do :)

Good luck! It will all be worth it! And, tomorrow WILL be better.

Stutz Family said...

So when I had to do my Lovenox shots when I was pregnant I had to have someone else do it (Broc, my mom) and if I was alone I just couldn't do it. When I had to do the Lovenox shots again a couple of months ago, I became a pro doing it all by myself! Hang in there, remember it will all be worth it and I really think that crying makes it not hurt as much, don't you? Hee, hee, hee...

Lindsay said...

Ashley,
I am so excited for you guys. I can't wait to read more. I never hear anything about you from my mom. I guess I need to start asking more questions.