Monday, December 28, 2009

Day 16: 3-A-Day


Today was the first day of my 3-a-day shots. I think it took me about 10 minutes just to draw them all up. I got one in each leg and one in my left arm. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I found these alcohol pads at Walgreen's the other day that are magical! They have benzocaine in them so it definitely helps with the sting of the shot and also the itchy rash afterwards. This is a picture of what I get to do every single night for the next 8 days or so. Doesn't it just look like heaven? I go to the doctor on Monday for an ultrasound and blood work to see if my ovaries are ready for their big moment of egg retrieval. Hopefully all goes well. I swear I can already feel my ovaries enlarging by the minute as I sit here and type this.
We also had the privilege of hauling our lunchpack with Lupron in tow to a friend party last night. It's always a fun time to go to a party and sneak into the bathroom with your husband only to walk out and find your friends looking at you and wondering what in the world was going on in the bathroom. Mr. Lupron sure has done his fair share of traveling over the last week. Thank goodness he has survived all of his rides in the lunchpack.


Needle Count: 18
Acupuncture: 26

3 comments:

Stutz Family said...

Ashley, you are a TROOPER! We pray for you and Ryan every night (even the little boys)and hope that all of this will pay off in the end! Love you tons!!

Amanda X said...

Wow Ash. I can't even imagine giving myself shots. You are a rockstar! I hope that everything works out for you and Ryan. You guys are in my prayers! And I love that you started this blog!

You're amazing...

xo
-Amanda

Harmony said...

I agree... you ARE a Rockstar!