Thursday, December 17, 2009

Day 4: Traveling Lupron

We figured out that even when we want to hang out with friends and have dinner, my bottle of Lupron has to tag along. We went to our good friend's house, Jacob and Amber, to have dinner with them last night. Along came a syringe, alcohol wipes, and Lupron. After I had my shot I told Ryan to just put the syringe in my purse (since it has to be placed in the "sharps container" that was at home). I kept thinking how awful it would be if we got pulled over and they found a used syringe in my bag. What a druggy.

My rashes from the injections are getting bigger, redder and itchier with each injection. It's just fun. I've also noticed I can cry at the drop of a hat and I'm turning back into a teenager with acne face. How embarrassing. Ryan also told me that I say things that piss him off. I started to cry but tried to hide it from him. I can't help it. It's the drugs. They mess with my brain. Sorry Ryan.

Needle count: 4
Acupuncture: 9

1 comment:

Harmony said...

It's okay. Ryan knows you love him.

And, quick story- when I was doing Lupron injections (or maybe it was the other injections with the thicker needle... I don't remember)we went to dinner at my in-laws.' I wrapped up the needle in a wad of toilet paper and nestled it into the trash can. (I know. Bad, right?)

Anyway, later that evening, Jared's 8-year-old-brother comes out of the bathroom! "Look what I found in the trash can!! This is SOOO cool!"

Note: my lesson learned.