Monday, November 16, 2009

What would it be like?

Lately I have been wondering what it would be like to just get pregnant the first month we started trying. I know this is impossible for us, but I would love to know what it's like. What it's like not to have to have a million tests, lots of people looking at me down there, lots of discomfort, lots of medication side effects. What's it like? I see the people at church who have been married for a year and are expecting their first or have a little one already. Seriously? I have been trying to get pregnant probably longer than you've known each other. It's times like this that I get very down about my situation. It will wear off soon. It always does. Sorry, just had to vent. It always seems a little harder when it's around the holidays. I have no child to get excited for Santa with, no child to share my traditions with, but hopefully soon it will happen. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

2 comments:

Harmony said...

I have felt the same way 100 times. I can't give you any advice. Those days just suck.

Um, I have a book I need to give you to read. If I can find it. It's called "Fertile in Our Faith" and it's really good. I'll try to remember to bring it to church.

Anonymous said...

I found your blog through a friend of a friend and I just wanted to thank you!! My husband and I have been trying 2 years now and though we haven't reached the point that you and your husband have I feel like it's probably going to go that way soon. Being able to read your posts has brought such comfort to me I just wanted to tell you thanks! You are touching more people's lives then you probably realize!! :)